The staff at White Chapel takes great
pleasure in presenting a series of engaging annual events
designed to showcase and preserve some of our best-loved
holiday traditions. You’re invited to come join
us in our celebration.
Spring Tulip Display
This year, White Chapel's annual tulip display will be especially memorable. With over 36,000
tulips on show, including new and unique blooms rarely found anywhere else in the world. These
rare bulbs have been imported directly from Holland in the Netherlands and include such stunning
- Giantor Sunset - The largest tulip flower in existence
- Renown - A new tulip variety with a double late blooming flower
- Russian Princess - A Darwin hybrid, pure white with brilliant red edges
- Sky High Scarlet - Another brand new variety, with a tall red late tulip bloom
- Ballerina - Bright orange and very fragrant
- Camarque - Ivory white with red flame in a single late bulb
Click here to download the White Chapel 2013 Tulip Guide and Map!
WWI Polar Bear Memorial Ceremony
The only Memorial Day ceremony of its kind honoring 'Michigan's Own Polar Bears' - veterans of the little-known WWI expedition to Northern Russia. Memorial Day at 11:00 in front of the Polar Bear Monument.
Memorial Day Concert
Sunday of Memorial Weekend at 3:00 p.m.
Easter Sunday Service
Temple of Memories Easter Day 7:00 a.m. & 8:30 a.m.
Christmas Eve Service
Temple of Memories December 24th, 6:00 p.m.
VJ Day Service
First Sunday of August at 12 Noon
OTHER UNIQUE SERVICES
Patriot Walk for Military Veterans
The Patriot walk is a free service we provide to military
veterans. At the time of the funeral service for a military
veteran we pay special tribute by lining the walkway
with small U.S. flags from the cemetery road to the
interment space as our small way to honor the service
and sacrifice of veterans.
Patriotic Tribute for Active Duty Military Personnel
In addition to the Patriot Walk, all active duty military
personnel who die in the line of duty, White Chapel
pays special tribute at no charge by placing large U.S.
flags down its main boulevard to the Temple of Memories
as a tribute to their sacrifice on the day of the funeral
at White Chapel.
Monthly anniversary services
On the first Sunday at 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. of each
month, White Chapel hosts an Anniversary Service in
memory and in honor of those who have passed away one
year ago that month. This service is for the family
and friends of loved ones and is a special way for family
and friends and White Chapel to say we think of those
who have passed on and will always remember.
- May 5, 2012 Memorial Services
- April 7, 2012 Memorial Services
- March 3, 2013 Memorial Services
- February 3, 2013 Memorial Services
- January 6, 2013 Memorial Services
- December 2, 2012 Memorial Services
- November 4, 2012 Memorial Services
- October 7, 2012 Memorial Services
- September 16, 2012 Memorial Services
- August 12, 2012 Memorial Services
- July 8, 2012 Memorial Services
- June 3, 2012 Memorial Services